Saturday, December 31, 2011

IS IT A SHOPPING ADDICTION? OR HOARDING? WHAT DOES YOUR CLOSET LOOK LIKE?


One of women's favorite pastime ishopping. I wasn't one who grew up poor, or without. My mother always took me shopping during the summer for new school clothes. Not always the clothes that I wanted to wear, or thought was fly, but what she felt was appropriate and durable. Soon as I started earning my own money, shopping and clothes became synonymous with my free time. Whether I find the best deals, paying pennies on the dollar for clothes and accessories,  I still have a difficult time shopping based on necessity. As an  avid thrifter, I purge my overflowing, shared closet just about every month. No shame in my game, but there is a tinge of shame and an uncontrollable urge that I see in women young or old, black or white. Can you recognize if you have a problem? Do you know a hoarder, or someone who shops obsessively.  Below are some pictures of my closet before a major overhaul. Going into the year with clutter, means I go in it with chaos. Who wants that? My goal is to have an organized closet that contains only items that I ACTUALLY wear. Share your organization tips below, and share this with girlfriends who suffer with OCD of the wallet and credit cards. 


How do you control and treat this condition?
It is recommended that spending addicts seek professional counseling or a self-help group to deal with this problem. Addictive behaviors tend to come in clusters, so if you have an eating disorder, a problem with drugs or alcohol, or gambling, you may be a candidate for shopping addiction. Many communities have credit counseling centers that will also help with shopoholism.



THIS IS A REAL PICTURE OF MY CLOSET, AND NOTHING IS STAGED! NOW THAT WOULDN'T BE KEEPIN IT REAL NOW, WOULD IT ?


THIS IS THE FIRST HAUL TO THE GOODWILL TO DONATE. HAVEN'T MADE A DENT

13 comments:

  1. Girl let me say that I feel ashamed I have way more stuff in my closet from floor to ceiling, I am moving to gain more closet space. You are not a hoarder they never purge they will keep what ever they have until someone makes them throw it away. You have nothing to worry about, other than the shopping addiction, which I would only say you have if you were deep in debt and still continued to shop and it affected your daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just donated about 90% of my clothes. I had stuff from smaller sizes, stuff that I had accumulated over the years that I needed to get out of my house. I felt overwhelmed by my possessions, so I have decided to get rid of a lot of things. And it will make my remodel go faster, I think. In 2012, I plan to not buy any clothes just because. I only wear tailored, classic clothing, so nothing goes out of style in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have it bad to, between shoes,cloths and makeup.. I even donated some to Goodwill and end up buying it right back lol just sad lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow AE... Give me some of them accessories and what size shoe do you wear? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I have the same look to my closet hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I got rid of a lot of shoes and clothes because I felt like a baby hoarder. I do admit I have a shopping "problem" BUT I find greeeeat deals and I get a rush and it makes me happy. As of this week I'm fasting from shopping for 3 whole weeks so I can get to the bottom of why????? What is the real deal of this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be honest, I'm trying to be on your level. Is that bad? Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont have half of the closet space you have,however I do have alot of clothes/shoes. I started cleaning my closet out before Christmas and Im still not done.I was told that I was a hoarderd,I reponded with if you don't like it you don't have to come here. I will continue to downsize my collection of clothing.I do feel that if if I am going to continue to shop(i am) that I should make room before I do so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 1/8 of your closet space and I am completely cluttered. I don't like getting rid of stuff; I think it's because I didn't grow up with much. I have accumulated so much over the years and have difficulty letting go. Sometimes I feel like just dumping everything all at once but I know I'll panic after. I actually purged last night and am still looking like I need to purge more. I try to do it once a month because I need an overhaul. I've mentally and physically outgrown a lot of my clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to help you organize this all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your closet looks so interesting! Like I could have a blast looking through all of your stuff. You are pretty organized though. Everything seems to have its place in your closet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously enjoy studying as well as following your own submit as i discover their whereabouts incredibly educational as well as exciting. This submit is actually similarly educational together with exciting. Thank you for information people been putting on doing your internet site this exciting.
    Treatment for Shopping Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    Herpes is a serious and recurring condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by USA Doctors. But the best way to fight and get rid of herpes virus permanently is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great hebal Doctor, who cures people of HIV virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be worried that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases Eczema,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism,vaginal rashes, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    He's a good man and he will help you

    ReplyDelete